March 13, 2015

Best Friends through Eternity

Best Friends through Eternity

Sylvia McNicoll

*WARNING, SOME SPOILERS AHEAD*

Synopsis: Inspired by the true story of a teen who was killed at a railway crossing, the author weaves the tale of fourteen-year-old Paige, who, taking a shortcut alongside the tracks to avoid the school bullies, is tragically hit by a train and transported to a surreal world where she encounters Kim, who died seven years before. Convinced she is only dreaming, Paige must discover a way to return to her former life. Poignant, gripping, and full of unexpected twists and turns, Best Friends through Eternity will resonate with readers who have struggled with cultural identity, a sense of belonging, and the real meaning of home.

Review: I LOVED this book. It was witty, funny, charming, and sad all in one package. I could not stop reading it. It was a short book, with only 192 pages, but it somehow it still satisfied me. Paige isn't very relatable, at least to me, however, I connected with her very well. It's a great book for any age. I find it strange that no matter how hard Paige tried to avoid the rails, she somehow found herself back there. Death can't be avoided. When Paige saved Vanessa, I was in awe and anger. She could have lived without the enemy, but she didn't choose that path. I wondered if I would save the enemy if it came down to that. I will definitely watch out for more books by Sylvia McNicoll. 


Overall Rating:





Would I Recommend?
Yes, yes, yes! I definitely would. Click here to buy a copy from Amazon.


Additional Notes: I received this book as an ARC. The book was released on February 10th, 2015. Additionally, I do not claim that everyone will like this book. I am only providing my insight on this book.

----------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my review and I hope you enjoyed. Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment