January 27, 2015

My First Review - Keep the Ends Loose

Keep the Ends Loose

Molly D. Campbell

*WARNING, SOME SPOILERS AHEAD*


Synopsis: Miranda Heath is a quirky fifteen-year-old with cinematic dreams and a safe, predictable family. That is until she decides to pull at the loose end that is the estranged husband her aunt never divorced. What seemed like the best way to allow her aunt to get on with her life sets off a series of events that threaten to turn Mandy’s world upside down. Suddenly, she’s embarking on adventurous road trips, becoming the center of an increasingly unstable household, meeting surprising strangers, and seeing everyone she knows in new ways. Sometimes loose ends just want to stay loose. But what happens if they want to unravel completely?


My Review: This book was a dramatization of modern families today. At least I think it was. I do know that it was supposed to be a very complicated love story, as stated by the first few pages of the book. I do like romance, but this just didn't get to me. I'm not sure who the story was supposed to be about. In the beginning, it was about Aunt Iris. Then, it was about Winnie. It somehow all lead up to Frank Fletcher, and it kind of seemed all over the place. I do know that it is, or seems to be, a love story, so I have come to understand why it's confusing The story was easy to predict, and the ending was pretty obvious. There weren't many high points. There was one main bomb, and I guess that was the main idea before the story was written. It wasn't something I'd stay up all night to read, although, I did enjoy how Molly Campbell wrote. It was the main thing that kept me going until the end. Moral of the story: get married, then have kids. Don't do it the other way around. Broken families are not good. At all.


Overall Rating: 





Would I Recommend? 
If I recommended this book, it wouldn't be on the top of my list. Bottom line, probably not.

Additional Notes: I have received this book as an ARC (Advanced Reading Copy), so it did not come out yet. The release date is March 3rd, 2015 for the paperback. Click here to buy a copy from Amazon. Also, while I may not have enjoyed the book much, there are many people out there who have loved this book, so read other reviews and judge based on that. Maybe you will like the book when you try it out for yourself.

-----------------------------------

Hello, and thank you for reading my first review! This review wasn't as good or long as I hoped it could be. I hope to write longer reviews, but this was just a head start. I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment